Monday, June 23, 2008

Another day with 12.8 million friends

Well there are about 12.8 million people in Tokyo, and most are ready to get into bed and sleep because Monday is about over and done. For those of you still yet to enjoy Monday let me just say it was great! Well today after some blogging Bryan and I went off to see a few sites. We first went to Asakusa to see the Sensoji Temple. Then went browsing through the shops surrounding the temple, loads of stuff. After that we stopped to get some lunch, well I ate, Bryan was not so into the okonomiyaki, but it was quite tasty. Then we split up to see some of the city on our own. More shopping, more seeing unique stuff, in the end it is still mind blowing that I am here. I did find the edamame game that I was looking for, I am so happy. Bryan and I met up at the church and we went to dinner together...separately. Bryan wanted Italian and I wanted kaiten-zushi. I was helped at dinner by a really nice Korean man, well Korean who was born and lives full time in Japan. He runs sushi restaurants in Osaka and on Hokkaido. Mr. Wonki Yoon is his name and he was a God-send to have next to me at the restaurant. Well here are some photos...and after that a panoramic photo of one of the Temples.







\/here are two shrines at the Sensoji Temple/\




by the way the stuff at the end of this video is whale meat...uhhhhh



here is how they total up for the bill!


More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Loren has always wanted to go to a conveyor belt sushi place (Kobayashi trains at that type of restaurant!) Our prayers are with you and Father Bryan for fun travels and a safe return.

JY

Anonymous said...

Okra sushi? You've got to be kidding!!! I love sushi, and I sorta like okra, but ...! [KenM]