Saturday, June 07, 2008

Shock!


Well last night I thought I was going to have a fairly basic dinner with some friends. All seemed to be headed in the right direction for the day and I had resigned myself that none of my family was going to be able to make it for my anniversary. Well I walked into the Groover's house and there were a whole mess of people there...all of the staff of the parish, I was stunned. Then as I was surveying the crowd I noticed my Mom...then my brother Tony again I was stunned. Then my Uncle and Aunt from north Georgia...stunned. Then my Uncle Dan said there are two more in the other room, and there they were Granny and Grandpa Emminger, I could not believe it. So I was so happy to have everyone there and it had seemed that everyone had been enjoying themselves for a while before I go there. So I thought, "I need to post a photo for Angela and Karen who are in Amarillo." So Annmarie Gilbert snapped a photo with my phone and I looked at it and told Annmarie "hey you chopped Tony completely out of the photo..." she asked me if I was sure and I needed to look at the photo again, and what to my wandering eyes should appear but my dear sisters Karen and Angela...shock! Now just to let you know over the past few weeks I have tried to ferret out of each one of them if they were coming, they all had good excuses. Like I said I had resigned myself that no one was going to be here from my brothers and sisters to celebrate with me, no biggie, I thought. Well I was shocked, totally shocked, I was had! So much so dinner took place in somewhat of a fog, it passed as serenely as the touch of a loved one. We got back to the house and people in typical Galier fashion started falling asleep around the house. "Go to bed" was heard many times, but we/I did not want the evening to end. Finally, after seeing Moms pictures of the Holy Land and a quick trip to Kroger for some food it was time to call it a night around midnight. Well, still being in shock, I have tossed and turned all night...what a great surprise. If you notice the time of this post you will know I am up way before I normally would be awake, and I have been typing now for 20 minutes or more (this kind of reminds me of Christmas morning euphoria from when I was a kid). I am sure there will be more surprises today but even if these were my dying moments, I could not have asked for anything more. So to all who made this great shock possible...THANKS, you got me! All my love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tee hee--think it's great that your family was able to pull one over on you and surprise you! More importantly, am so thrilled to see that your family is able to spend this important anniversary with you and make it even more meaningful for you.

Am thinking about you on your big day and wishing I was there to give you a big hug. I would tell you what a gift you have been in Tom's and my life. You helped lead me back to God's love, which in turn gave me back my faith. I thank God each day for leading me to the right priest, at the right parish, at the right time. It changed my life. I pray that you always have the faith to live in service to our Lord as you do now. You make a difference in the world and we are all better for it.

Love,
Nancy Barrows