Monday, July 14, 2008

This one is a bit more of a challenge


Mr. and Mrs. Smith were walking home from the shopping mall with their purchases when Mr. Smith began to complain that his load was too heavy. Mrs Smith turned to her husband and said, "I don't know what you're complaining about because if you gave me one of your bags, I would have twice as many as you, and if I gave you just one of mine, we would have the same number of bags." How many bags were each of them carrying?

UPDATE: Looks like we have a winner. The correct answer is...she has 7 bags and her husband has 5 bags. "Rob" is our winner, I am guessing it is Rob Schulten, because there is no last name on the comment. So Rob reveal yourself to me and I will get you your prize. More later...

5 comments:

Rob said...

She has 7 and he has 5. If he gives her one she has 8 and he has 4 (double) and if she gives him one they both have 6.

What kind of guy lets his wife carry most of the groceries anyway?

Kelly Rosamond said...

She has 2, he has none??
We are checking your trivia daily, b/c Chad really wants to win a waffle for when we are in your town in a few weeks!
kelly rosamond

Anonymous said...

She had seven and he had five bags.

- Jon S.

Anonymous said...

she was carrying 7 and he was carrying 5.

selina schulten

Rob said...

You are correct. Rob Schulten here. I used my gmail account to sign the post, thought it put my name on as well. Sorry.