Thursday, October 18, 2007

How much?

Ok, so this weekend will be our Return to the Lord in our Adventures in Stewardship. If you need to be brought up to speed you can read this article from the Georgia Bulletin. From a pastoral perspective this has been a wonderful success. It is so nice to see people using the gifts and talents they have been given, in service to the Lord. Anyway... I am not sure if you have read The Wisdom of Crowds but I was wondering what you think the monetary return will be...? Remember we gave out $16,000. Post your guess/thoughts and lets see who is closest...who knows maybe the average will be right on the money, we just might prove James Surowiecki correct. So what do you think...How much? BTW, this is just for fun, but if you guess the amount within $100, I will buy you breakfast at Waffle House or dinner at Taco Bell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Promise you will take me to Waffle House? I think you will get 33,750. Have a great day - Angela

David Long said...

I think it'll come in @ $46,640. Regardless - it was a great idea and a great benefit for the parish!

David Long

Anonymous said...

Breakfast food at Waffle House after 10 PM always tastes good. How about $56,000 (3.5x). Ken Miller

Fr. Vic said...

Well David got really close, but just missed it. Ken was also in the running but a bit over. Tell you what, I will buy you guys a meal at Waffle House or Taco Bell just for being good sports. Drop me a line to set it up.
Angela, next time you are in town you can have a waffle on me as well.

Anonymous said...

I would guess $47,493.79. Do I get a free breakfast after the fact????

David Long said...

I like Ken's idea of breakfast after 10pm!