Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bagel and ???



So after the CSMG I flew out of DCA. I got there earlier than I needed in hopes of getting on an earlier flight, but none where had, no worries. I went to the Crown Room and relaxed. I also used their massage chair for a while and my back thanked me for the time in the massage chair. Anyway I needed lunch so I went to a bagel company named after a famous scientist called "Famous scientist last name, bro.'s" (notice how I am not saying their name???) Anyway I am a bit miffed so I would like to start a new meme for this blog titled : Stuff that bugs me.

Stuff that bugs me: #1: Not getting what you ordered...or better..."here is what you paid us for but we did not go through all the steps of putting it together like you wanted, so here go do it yourself."
Let me explain. I went to that bagel place and ordered a Peanut butter & Jelly Bagel, toasted. Well it was a bagel, with peanut butter, toasted. I only realized that it did not have the jelly when I sat back down in the Crown Room to eat it. So I packed up all my stuff and went to find out why no jelly. When I got back down to that bagel store and asked about my jelly the young lady working said: "Oh", as she handed me three packets of jelly, "sorry about that. Have a good day." What??? No I paid you for a PB&J bagel, now that is what I want; I thought silently. But wha... But how... Didn I pay you for your labor to put it all together for me. The look on my face must have tipped her off that I was confused/upset so she said: "Oh, the knifes are at the end of the bar you can spread it on down there...Next customer please." I am sure I looked the part of a spoiled brat as I mumbled to myself and spread my jelly on my bagel. I thought, and not too unfounded I believe, that the PB&J bagel would have all parts already included, guess not...That just bugs me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying my hardest not to laugh. I will go in one here and see if I get the same things - maybe in Utah they put it all together for you - novel idea! AFGG

Anonymous said...

I remember the days when you had to wear a sportcoat to get into a Crown Room, in order to nurse an adult beverage and munch on appetizers. Now it's PB&J bagels! This may explain part of Delta's recent plight (only kidding)! KenM