Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day of Snowboarding.

Well I got a somewhat early start to the day of snowboarding. Then I stood and waited for the bus, 45 minutes of waiting. Then it was up the canyon in an overly crowded bus, at least I had a seat. I got to the mountain and had a good morning of solo snowboarding, well solo on a mountain filled with others, well not so many people...I never stood in line for the lifts...so you know what I am talking about.

Here I am waiting for the bus. I was a bit chilly but not too bad.

Early on in the day, still enjoying every minute of it.

Towards the end of the day and I was starting to get tired. Hat tip to Fr. Michael for lending me a coat that looked good with the rest of my outfit.



After a morning of snowboarding by myself I me this dude named Dave (TDND). We road up a lift together and then we found out that we went down the mountain about the same speed...so we spent the rest of the day snowboarding together. It was a great day of snowboarding and TDND made it fun, as I have never snowboarded with anyone as long...like I said it is usually a solo experience. TDND pushed me a bit and I went down more Black slopes than I usually do...especially since there was over a foot of new powder, sweet! Anyway the photo above was from late in the day with TDND and I stopped for a break and a snack. Only rode two more runs after this photo as my legs were getting tired. TDND offered me a ride down the canyon (Yeah! no bus, thanks Dave) and of course I accepted. He dropped me off at a restaurant and my brother-in-law Richard picked me up...then home for a shower and a nap. What a great day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sure does lokk wonderful but I would rather sit in the lounge and have a Cosmo. Enjoy!!
Tom and Nancy