Sunday, February 10, 2008

Visitors Today, Part II

I told you we would have more visitors at St. Matthew today and boy howdy, we did. Loads more people. It was fantastic. It was marvelous. I could not have been happier and I know the Archbishop was as well. We had the RCIA, Rite of Welcome today and the place was packed. This was the fourth and final Rite of Welcome for the Archbishop to do this weekend and it was great. We had lots of the south side parishes here. When the names of the Elect were read I almost cried it was so beautiful. We had some fun as well, getting to see old friends and make some new ones as well. Since is was a bit warm in the Church with all those people we opened the doors to the outside, and would you know it, right in the middle of the Archbishop's homily a young woodpecker flew into the Church and I thought, "uh oh, this is not going to end well." Well it didn't, the little guy flew right into the back windows and everyone gasped. I scooped him up and put him outside, an ornithologist (profession or amateur I am not sure) came and helped me get the bird back and flying. All was well and the Archbishop made sure all knew things were fine. It was a great time, I was really touched with this Rite. Thanks to all who made it so special. Enjoy the photos, I put captions with them for your enjoyment. Peace




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why wasn't anyone there from St. Matt's for the music?

Fr. Vic said...

Sheri was there to help with the sound system. Since this was one of four Rite's done, it is easiest for the Archbishop and the Office of Liturgy to kind of have a traveling show if you will. All the logistics of music and liturgy for four separate rites and four separate churches etc... just simpler to try to take out any confusion. It would be nice to feature our choirs but I understand the difficulties of these events and figure whatever they need we will give 'em. peace