Saturday, March 08, 2008

Wanna bet?

I must confess, I need to loose some weight. The few times I have been successful at keeping some weight off was when I had money and pride on the line. I was reminded of this the other day when talking with some friends. So the next day I heard this story was going to be on NPR, go listen to it I will wait...go on I will still be here. Done? Promise? Okay, so the next day Merlin Mann over at 43Folders put up a piece about the same story. Then my beloved Lifehacker posted about it as well. I just wish the Lord would be clear when he is trying to motivate me. So I have taken the hint. The stories are all about this site called, StikK. Basically it is a site that people make a bet and whatever the outcome is, StikK pays off the bet. This all revolves around prospect theory, and as I see it, I respond well to loosing things. So here is the deal: I would like to enter a bet with me as one side and anyone else as a whole on the other. Now I need to risk something, so lets say I will match up to $500.00 of my own money to be matched by others on the other side of this bet. Within the next week anyone who would like to enter this bet drop me a line or better yet post something in the comments and lets get this set up ASAP. Deacon Bill said he would hold the money (our own version of StikK). If I win the bet the money you put up will go to CRS. But, I will be open to you suggestions as to where my money will go if I loose the bet. Now the place needs to be something that you think would make me work harder--so that my money will not go to that cause or group. So let me know if you want to be part of the bet and where you think the money should go. Let me hear from you soon. I think we can have some fun with this. Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anyone taking you up on this? I think I might just have to see what I can do - it could help me as well. Let's talk. AFGG