Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Local News

It has taken a while to get back to STBM but here is the next part. I loathe watching local news, there I said it! I always find the reports to not offer much depth to a situation, or they offer too much on stuff that is of no real consequence. If there is something fairly minor happening, they offer tons of "in depth" coverage...stuff like: a tree falling on a house that no one was in; a tire crashes through the roof of a house no one was in; bad weather rumbles across the city (not the tornadoes, although how much more coverage can they provide); then an in depth investigation into one family and their trying times with some health/money/school/personal problems. All this then they wrap up the "world news" in under one minute, well thanks a whole bunch I am sure you are giving all the info on world news in that one jam packed minute...THANKS! Now do you understand why I do not like local news? It gets worse!

Stuff that bugs me: #2: The teasing local news does to make you watch until later in the broadcast. Something like my beloved LOLcats shows here:

Humorous Pictures

This kind of stuff drives me nuts. When I am at someones house and they are watching local news and the newscasters do this I end up screaming at the TV every time they say something very frightening and then it actually turns our to be quite harmless...but they scared us anyway, whoopee. Then if that is not bad enough (or they don't have any great hooks to get you to be scared) now most news shows have another news show that follows the main news, eg. The Edge on Fox ATL. The whole regular news cast is filled with the host for The Edge, telling us what is coming up on the next news show or if in some way a news/weather/sports story could leave you hanging then they will, then they say..."Join us on The Edge to find out more" Arrrrgggghhhhh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean they do that in a metropolitan area like Atlanta? I thought they only did that out here in the boonies because they thought we Okies aren’t to smart HAHA

Bernie

Fr. Vic said...

Oh Bernie you are bad. Thanks for commenting. I need to post a photo of our Clown Ministry on here some day soon. peace