Friday, July 11, 2008

Trivia

Ok, you all did quite well with my last easy question so here is another. Same prize, a waffle! Remember sign you posts so I know who you are.



If it takes 12 men six days to dig 12 holes, how long will it take one man to dig half a hole?



UPDATE: You cannot dig half a hole. So even though we had plenty using their math skills you still can't dig half a hole. So our winner was Mark Matthews, when he gets back from Canada you can have a waffle on me. BTW the comments in here do not post automatically, so I can screen just in case anyone does not follow the rules. Also I don't always post the answer until a few people have chimed in, so that is why if you posted an answer early you only saw it once I posted all the answers.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The men cannot dig half a hole. The diameter of the 12 holes was not specified. Half a hole is still a hole.



Mark Matthews

Rob said...

You can't dig half a hole.

Rob Schulten
rob@schultenonline.com

Anonymous said...

3 days to dig half a hole (unless his wife was the one that asked for it! :-) ) The Atwells

Anonymous said...

Fr Vic
You can't dig a half a whole!! thats like asking which would you dig first the top half or the bottom half :>)

Pax
Bernie

Anonymous said...

3 days?

JY

Anonymous said...

3 days

selina Schulten

Anonymous said...

my husband just told me that you can't dig half a hole, duh! I should have known that.
selina schulten

Anonymous said...

Taylor says it will take him 3 days. Have a great day. AFGG

Anonymous said...

Should be pretty easy. 12 men dig 12 holes in 6 days. One many digs one hole in 6 days. For one man to dig half a hole would take 1/2 of 6 days or 3 days. The answer is: Three (3) days.

Thanks

Mark Starr