Monday, December 15, 2008

6:27PM

It was on December 15, 1986 at 6:27PM that I remember seeing my father take his last breath. The time has always stuck with me. Last Friday 12DEC my dad would have turned 70years old, seems odd that thought. Dad was 48 when he died of complications with lung cancer, but mom was there by his side and most of the family had a good chance to say goodbye before he died. Although I have lived more time without him than I have with him, that is all just a farce, he is still with me in my heart and life, I see traces of him in myself and my siblings at times. Seems odd 22 years later 6:27 is still there in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you this morning and wondered if you were eating chili-mac tonight. I hope your memories were a comfort to you today. You and your family are in my prayers this evening.
JY

Anonymous said...

FR Vic

It doesn’t seem possible it has been that many years. The one thing you can take joy in knowing is even in his short 48 years he made a great impression on the church here in Oklahoma with the marvelous work he did in the deaconate program. And also the fact that he touched every one’s life that he came in contact with and I am sure became a part each of their lives. I always remember when Mike De Laney passed away at a very young age and your Dad knew he was a special friend of mine he didn’t just call to tell me but came to the city at my place of work so he could tell me in person. It was when he did things like this that he gained the love and respect of everyone in the community.
As always you and your family are in my prayers.
Peace
Bernie