Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Well it is Good Friday and the colors around here are temporarily changing. Just one post today and this is it. The photo above is from a crucifix done by Michaelangelo, it is my favorite crucifix. Here are some prayer and reflection resources for you to use. If you are in the area come and join us at 5pm this evening. Have a blessed Good Friday.

Leaving
the hospital grounds a
rose
splashed vermillion in
my face

I wiped my eyes
in disbelief after

driving a stabbed
Brother
to the emergency
entrance

he kept apologizing for
bleeding
on the seat covers of the
car
and me as I helped him
onto
the stainless steel cart

that night lying in bed
next
to the wall the
image
on the cross looked
down
while a drop of
blood
from the nailed foot
fell
on my eyes though

I could not move a
hand to wipe away

what
I would
drink
at Mass in the
morning


(This photo is from the passionistcharism's Flickr stream)

UPDATE: Here are some photos from St. Matthew on Good Friday


No comments: