Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Thursday

(image by Sieger Koder)

This evening we will celebrate the Mass of the Lord's Supper. The Pope has already finished his. We will celebrate at 7:30. The Triduum is my favorite time of year. The Mass of the Lords Supper is second only to the Vigil. Tonight we hear wonderful readings that reflect themes of Eucharistic and service. This is the Mass as a kid when I wanted my feet to be washed, although it never happened. What a wonderful sense and model of service the Lord provides. On this night it is my most happy duty to wash the feet of others and to remind them that:
"I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.”

Then they go immediately and serve others. It is humbling to be a part of this wonderful Mass, in persona Christi. It sets the Triduum off so well. For a few more reflections you can go here, here, here, here and here. Also here is a poem titled Jesus Speaks I by J. Janda:

I give you
life
I place you on
earth
for a very

special reason

but you won't
find out unless
you ask me what
the reason is

and talking
is so easy

The Triduum flows so wonderfully, it is a true joy to pray along the journey. I hope you will take this time to pray along. You can use the resources I gave earlier for Triduum, or use whatever you have to journey through the Triduum. Enjoy the Triduum it is a wonderful gift.

No comments: