Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Westmoreland voted No

You will remember this post a few weeks ago when I asked you to call our (or your) Congressional Representative. Well here is another chance. You will remember PEPFAR, from this post. Well if finally came to a vote and guess who voted NO, yep, my representative Lynn Westmoreland. You can go see how your Representative voted by going here. Well since my guy voted NO, I called to express my displeasure with his vote. I would encourage you to go find out how your Rep voted and let them know how you feel about the vote. It was a wonderful way to stand up for life, it passed, but some let the opportunity pass them by. So thank those who helped and to those who tried to stand in the way, we are disappointed in you...and keep them all in your prayers. If you need more info about HIV/AIDS you can go here. If you would like more info in Faithful Citizenship, you can go here. Peace


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fr Vic
Since my rep voted yes I guess we have at least one smart Okie. By the looks of a couple of responses you got you struck a nerve in some one!! It’s too bad they feel the “almighty dollar’ is more important than saving millions of souls in the world.
I wonder if they are concerned over the following:
The War in Iraq Costs:
$4,681 per household.
$1,721 per person.
$341.4 million per day
Pax
Bernie